Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9/7

HW:

1. Check blog (if you are reading this then you can say you did this!!!!)
2. Complete reading/writing survey
3. If you have not done so already complete your letter to me (the instructions are pasted below)
4. Bring in binder with 4 dividers so that we can set up a strong organizational system for your core class!!!


Extra credit: in honor of our class call bring in a scrap piece of paper that says "Oh SNAP" and tack it up on the wall next to the smiley face poster.

Enjoy an evening of shade, water (or lemonade), family, and a wee little bit of homework. You all rock!!!

Teacher Letter:

-briefly tell me about your summer (general or it could be a specific story)
-Tell about things that have worked for you in the past as a student
-Tell me about things that have not worked for you in the past as a student (without naming specific names)

-Tell me one thing that you have enjoyed so far about this class in your 1 ½ days at SES
-Tell me one goal (or more) you have for yourself this year as a student
-Tell me one concern/question/fear/nervousnessish thing that you have for the year

-Tell me 5 things that I can do to help you as a student (how do you learn)
-Tell me 5 random things that you think I should know about you

Other thoughts you can include:
• The way I learn
• Who you work well with (or what kind of person)
o Group/individual learner
• What kind of environment you work well in
• Organization skills/problems
• What you want to learn!
• What I do outside of this (REALLY HOT) classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment