Tuesday, November 7, 2017

11/7

Enjoy the super long break from school!

I'm excited to connect with your families these next two days during Fall Teacher Conferences. Do you know when folks from your family are planning to meet with me? Share with them something you are proud of from Term 1 and a goal you have for Term 2. Talk to them after the conference. Reflect on the positive and consider the areas where you can continue challenging yourself to grow.

Fall Teacher Conferences Sign-Up

During conferences, Gillian is looking for volunteer support with her Recycled Book Sale. Consider supporting her with an awesome event and getting some Term 2 service by signing up through the link on the service blog http://servicesunnyside.blogspot.com/.

There is a dance Wednesday, November 8th from 6:30 - 8:30. Come with a parent permission slip (you can get one at the door if you forgot to get one today) and hopefully a $5 donation.

HW due Monday:

1. For My People Poem - Work to complete a draft of your For My People poem. Spend 28 minutes writing and working on it.
Consider:
a. PRE-WRITING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER: For My People - Pre-Writing Graphic Organizer
b. RUBRIC: For My People - Rubric (writing moves + content)
c. EXAMPLES:  For My People - Margaret Walker + For My People - SES Student Examples + For My People - Michael

2. Coming of Age Short Story
a. Read your assigned short story
b. Write a 3-5 sentence summary

6th - Gary Soto - La Bamba (scroll down for the story)
7th - Kate the Great - Short Story - Scanned
8th - Picky Eater - Short Story - Scanned

No comments:

Post a Comment